Thursday, November 22, 2007

Blue Mormon


There was this time when I didn't know butterflies by their names.
And I used to name them the way I wanted.
Once, in the campus, I saw a beautiful big butterfly with a wing span of about 6 inches. It was black and its hind wings was a light shade of blue with dots.
I called it the Blue Back.
I searched and searched and searched the net for the real name of this butterfly but in vain.
I even started thinking that I discovered a new variety of butterfly ;-)
Then finally in some site I found that this was called the Blue Mormon and that it was not all that common. Here's the pic for you. One of my favourites!!

2 comments:

KC said...

Soopar pic....

Unknown said...

Nice picture. I think you should buy a very good camera, then it will look even better