Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finally materializing....

Have been thinking for a long time to start this space.
Ever since I realized how endowed Bangalore is with these beautiful colorful creatures which brighten up our days, I have ben wanting to share the wonderful experiences of my butterfly watching in Bangalore.
It all started with a visit to Banerghatta Butterfly Park where I realized that most of the things I thought about butterflies were kind of myths.
I thought butterflies are very hard to find in a city like Bangalore which is so polluted, but then I relaized you always find what u seek if you keep your eyes open.
I thought butterflies were just randomly colored and randomly sized until I realized that you can identify the species by looking at them!
This was followed by weeks of internet browsing and research and I eventually started to keep my eyes open all the time in search of new species. My day was made if I identified a new one which I had seen on the net.
I realized that my office campus was a beautiful abode for these creatures and used to some over even on weekends to capture these colors on camera.
And here I am, starting this space, so that can share with you a few facts abut the differnet species I have been able to identify, my experiences and a few pictures too!!
Happy butterfly watching!!

3 comments:

KC said...

soopar....wish u get to watch as many diff species as u can :-)

Naveen Chinthakunta said...

so finally... u r up with this space! expected this quite some time back. Anyways, have a great time blogging!

Aishwarya Bharadwaj Darbha said...

hi da,

nice blog dear. I am watching it for the first time....

With your blog, I am getting connected to the Bangalore. Nice one indeed.

aishwarya